It may not be a major holiday on our calendars, but we can all do small things to be better stewards of our natural resources. Here are a few easy tips:
1. Start or recommit to recycling - most trash services or municipalities provide free or low cost containers. You're already tossing it. Just toss it in a green (or blue) bin.
2. Plan/cluster trips in the car - this is not only good for the environment but good for your pocketbook. Waiting to run errands in the same part of town saves time, money and energy.
3. Plant something - trees are nice, but you can also plant a few herbs in small pots. Every little bit counts.
4. Turn off the water - I am hanging my head in guilt as I write, because I'm not so good at this. However, I'm setting a new goal of hearing silence as I brush my teeth and wash my face instead of running water.
5. Turn off the lights - of course, this is the CoraLay's team favorite tip. It's a good way to conserve energy and a great time to light a candle:-).
As Always...Celebrate the Everyday,